Thursday, July 21, 2011

Attempting Order. (By: Jess)

So after 9 months of a very uncomfortable pregnancy and 4 months of adjusting to a new family member, it's time to get this life, MY LIFE, back in order. Here is my attempt. I am hoping and praying that this new order "sticks" and is a great lifestyle change!!

MEALS
I have been researching on all my favorite recipe websites (allrecipes. com and tastykitchen.com) and found some great go-to meals that are delish and healthy! This prompted me to create a "meal calendar" where I will plan out my dinners, one month at a time. This is gonna work out great! Toby works late 1-2 nights a week, so on those nights I am free from cooking dinner! I basically have a list of 21 meals that I can rotate and plan out and I THINK it will be great!

I also have gotten in the routine of only going to the grocery store once a month! My "dinner calendar" will help out this my monthly grocery trip tremendously! Of course, there will be occasional grocery run for odds and ends, like Leo necessities, last minute menu changes, ect...., and I'm OK with that. Its normal and necessary.


SCHOOL LUNCH
I am vowing (darby buds..keep me on check with this!) to pack my lunch everyday!! This way I can achieve the following things:
1. Save money by not charging cafeteria food to my account.
2. Maintain a healthy diet by knowing what I'm eating for lunch everyday and keeping it under control.

NEW HABITS
Trying to loose my "baby weight" has been a habit I have been tackling all summer! That's a good thing, because it has caused me to create some new good habits.

1. All I drink is water, water, water! (with a splash of Mio water flavoring!)
2. No snacking between meals (Hydroxy cut drink mix has really helped me with this!)
3. Clean cooking and eating (hardly any packaged foods)
4. Allowing myself (1) cheat meal everynow and then (cheat MEAL, not cheat DAY)
5. Making sure I enter everything I eat into myfitnesspal.com (a life changing website, you MUST check out if you wanna drop some weight!)
6. No junk or snacks! I have FINALLY realized that if I don't buy it, I won't eat it! I have a few go-to snacks that I buy, but they are good for me and don't make me feel guilty! Whenever Im feeling extra hungry and its a few hours before my next meal, I eat these: Cinnimon rasin rold-gold baked pretzles, sugar-free, fat-free instant jello pudding, made with 1% milk, sugar-free 10 calorie jello made with a couple spoonfulls of sugar-free cool whip, homemade granola or granola bars, Planter's Nutrition heart healthy mix, 100 calorie packs of almonds, and water, water, water!
7. No breakfast. For years I have been forcing myself to eat breakfast 'cause people always say, "breakfast is the most important meal of the day!!!".....but not for me. As soon as I stopped eating breakfast, I started loosing a lil weight. Whodathunk? So anyway- coffee is perfectly fine for me and I think I'll keep it that way. If I do wake up, STARVING, I will have oatmeal, fruit, cinnimon-raisin toast, or a granola bar.

I am hoping to keep all these habits and make them my new lifestyle! (sidenote: I still have a few bad habits, but for me, I need them to function!)

EXERCISE
I became a major fan of walking this summer.......but then it got too darn hot :( So, I am hoping to join a gym and continue a routine of exercise.

I am planning on walking after school with my friend, Wanda, on Tuesdays.

I am planning on working out at the gym with my friend, Jenn, on Wednesdays, every other Friday, and Saturday mornings.

Exercise has been a trial and error with me over the past few years. This is what I have learned regarding my body and exercise:
1. running and/or jogging does NOTHING for me.
2. P90X does nothing for me except help me get pregnant and gain serious muscle weight.
3. ZUMBA is fun for me!
4. Walking gives me the best results.
5. LIGHT weight training is best for me.
6. Spinning is something Id like to try.
7. I have to have some sort of exercise in my daily life to make me happy.

I am also dedicating myself to walking the Cooper River Bridge on March 31st. This is something I have wanted to do for YEARS, and by golly, I'M DOIN IT THIS YEAR!!! I am gonna make it a personal goal this school year to train for this walk. I'm pumped.

MONEY
Toby and I recently paid off ALL credit cards. I am promising to keep it that way. HUGE lifestyle change, but I'm gonna work on it!

Also, I am scheduling Toby and I (1) date night a month. Dinner, movie, or whatever. We WILL do it and we WILL enjoy it. :)

CLEANING
This has gotten WAY outta hand ever since Lil Leo has entered our world and turned it upside down!! Along with our "meal calendar", I have also started a "cleaning calendar". I know that you are thinking I'm a little OCD at this point....and that's OK. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Every other Tuesday, Toby is responsible for cleaning the downstairs and all it entails. (that's his day off!).

Every other Saturday I am responsible for cleaning the upstairs and all it entails.

Hopefully this will keep our house neat, in order, and not a disaster zone!

So there it is. My new life. Not a lot of change.....just a little change..... that I hope makes a big difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment