Thursday, January 2, 2014

Why HELLO, 2014! (by: Jess)


Last night was New Years Eve.

I have a love/hate relationship with NYE. I think a lot of people do. SO much hype, but for a good reason. I love the celebrating and the parties and the dresses and the noise makers and the champagne and the love that is shared! Its also kinda a sad time and I think the song that is traditionally played at midnight is sooo depressing.

Toby and I rang in the new year with Carson D. and our family……which is exactly what I wanted to do! We went over to Toby's cousins beautiful home with his brother and my soon-to-be-sister-in-law. We all had a great time! I talked too much, drank too much, and ate too much! But it was all worth it! I am so proud of Toby and I that we managed to actually see the ball drop this year! And I DIDN'T have a hang-over the next day. Beautiful.

Anyway- 2013 was good to me. I can't complain. At all. Nothing tragic happened in my life, all my loved ones are still alive and healthy, and I have (finally) accepted the fact that I drive a van. Life is good.

But, I do have some changes I want to see in 2014. I always do this… make a mental list of things I want to accomplish, keep the same, change, try, ect… Whether or not I stick to this list is somewhat of a question….. it's not like "homework" where if I don't complete it I will fail at life…. but its just a good way to organize and prioritize my life….. or at least give me something to do with my time.

2014
1. Maintain my weight and keep trying to loose that effin last 10.
2. Keep pushing selling promoting suggesting medifast. Cause it really does work.
3. Continue running and pushing myself.
4. Keep green smoothies in my diet.
5. Build my forever home exactly the way I want it. (cause I REFUSE to move again!)
6. Try and lower the amount of processed and packaged foods we eat.
7. Keep my teaching career updated, positive, exciting, passionate.
8. Date nite with Toby every week.
9. Keep Bloggin and eventually make a couple books!
10. Get bikes and take family bike rides this spring/summer.
11. Attend church on the reg.
12. Read more.
13. Keep important friendships up and running.
14. Take little family trips.
15. Cut out pop and beer.
16. Get back to meal planning and coupon cutting.
17. Run as many 5k's and 10k's as I can afford!
18. Another half marathon?
19.  Finish "Breaking Bad" and find another series I enjoy watching.
20. Attempt to organize/persuade a Treglia Family Trip…...somewhere!
21. Keep up Leo and Cece's binders.
22. Continue "Friday Nite Dinners".
23. Be easier on myself.
24. Swear less, pray more.
25. Stop taking anti- depressants.  (Let's not go Cra-Cra!)

I like it. This is do-able. I'm ready 2014….. let's do this!




No comments:

Post a Comment