Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bitter with The Bachelor.

The Bachelor.

I've watched this show, on and off, for years.

I've never really taken this show too seriously, but I have always enjoyed the guilty pleasure of following it.

Until now.

It wasn't until last night, when I was watching the most current episode, that I suddenly realized the total stupidity of this show.

 It suddenly hit me that this show is disgusting.

Humorous.

A total joke.

Get a bunch of girls together and have them compete for the love of one man.  And according to the contestants and the man himself..... the love that is being fought for is....real. Real love.

REAL love is not something I would EVER want to compete for.  I'll compete for money, material items, vacations, bragging rights, self-motivation, tickets to see CĂ©line Dion..... but not for love.

First off..... Ceceilia Grace....... if you EVER "compete" with another girl for the love of one man, I'll kill you. 



NEWSFLASH........ A strong, confident, smart woman should never have to compete with anyone for anything.... let alone the love of another human being.

The girls on this show last night pissed me off. These girls actually break my heart. I hate the fact that some of these girls are idolized. I hate the fact that the "prize" that they are all competiting for is also idolized.

One girl said, "He is the man of my dreams. He is the one I've been waiting for my entire life. He is the type of man I want my dad to give me away to."

Who exactly is the man of your dreams?

A man who cheats? A man who lies? A man who tells another woman besides you  :I love you"? A man who is incredible at "playing the game"? THAT is the man of your dreams?

The man of my dreams kisses ME.  Not her.
The man of my dreams holds ME.  Not her.
The man of my dreams looks deep into MY eyes. Not hers.
The man of my dreams whispers sweet-nothings in MY ears. Not hers.
The man of my dreams gets introduced to MY family. Not hers.





Never once when I was younger did I dream about a man who I had to prove myself to or fight for.

Never once did I dream about a man who I had to beg to "pick me! pick me!"

These girls should really step back and look at this man and his character.

On one eposide, Ben (the prize to be won)  had 2 girls on a date. (seriously?!?!? That's just sick.)

 One of the girls was going to be rewarded with a rose at the end of the date.... for I guess being the better girlfriend to Ben.

 Ben stands in front of them both, holding the rose in his hand.

The girls are looking at him like lost puppies..... begging for the rose.

He walks toward one girl, and askes her to "please come with me".

The girls eyes light up, she smiles, takes his hand, and they walk off to a privet spot on the beach.

 Once they are all alone, he looks at her and tells her.....

this rose isn't for you.

What a dick.

What an asshole.



To humiliate that girl like that. To get her hopes up. To trick her like that. What kind of "prince charming" does that?

He then leaves her standing there...alone on the beach... as he walks back to the other girl, hands her the rose, kisses her, hugs her, and they walk off in the sunset together.

where just minutes ago, he was telling the other girl, the girl he just humiliated, how much he liked her.

WTF dude? !?

THAT is the man of your dreams?!

BASS- TURD (yes I know its spelled wrong)

Lets switch gears..... the "reality" of this show is a joke.

These dates? bahahahah.

How about taco bell and putt-putt? What about shopping at the mall, eating at the food court, and then kissing goodnight in the car?

Who rents out the Braves stadium for a date? Who makes a reservation for a table at the top of the effile tower? Who kisses under a waterfall in Jamacia then swims with dolphins.... ON A DATE?!?!

And can I mention that there is never any food on these dates. If a date dosent involve food..... it sucks.

Come on....   do these girls think this is real life? I hope not. I really hope not.

Lets think about their appearance.....

The clothes they wear? They way they always look flawless? How they all have impeccable style and taste? And WHO buys their clothes?!

Can you say "stylist"?

Lets mention where these girls live.....

When Ben has narrowed down his selection to 4 girls..... he gets to travel to their hometowns and meet their families.

This is usually the part when he also gets to go to their homes and see how they live.

All these girls live large! I mean, their homes are styled, trendy, clean, and they actually have real furniture.

I don't know about you, but when I was 22 or 23, I was still using hand-me-down college furniture and had framed pictures on my wall of drunken college nights.

My APARTMENT (not HOUSE) didn't look like a magazine ad for Pier One!

I mean.... I'm well into my 30s and I still trying to figure out my decorating  "style".

When these girls talk, I just want to plug my ears and yell really loud to block out the sound of their ridiculousness!

"I love him"
"I'm falling in love"
"He's perfect"

SHUT UP YOU DITZ.

Have you heard him fart yet?
Have  you smelled his morning breath yet?
Has he seen you on the toilet?
Have you watched him barf?
Have you seen him clip his toenails?
Has he seen your period stained underware?
Has he seen your legs 2 weeks post shaving?
Has he seen your armpits 2 weeks post shaving?
Have you seen him weep?
Have you done his smelly laundry?
Have you smelled his burps? Has he smelled yours?
Have you seen him in severe pain?
Has he seen you depressed and unable to get out of bed?
Has he seen you worry about paying your light bill or making your next car payment?
Has he gotten angry with you for spending too much money at the mall?
Have you seen him so drunk its disgusting?
Has he seen you after working a 40 hours work week...... while on your period?
Have you seen him absolutely terrified?
Has he ever caught you in a lie?
Have you ever caught him in a lie?
More than once?
Have you not been able to go out on a romantic date for months because money is tight?
Has he seen your nails un-manicured, your make-up off, and you in your stained t-shirt and sweat pants?
Have you seen him gain weight over the years?
Have you watched each other grow and mature?
Has he seen you when your sick?
Has he experienced your bitchy-ness?
Have you experienced him when he is a selfish asshole?

Cause all this WILL HAPPEN.

Hopefully BEFORE marriage.

If you haven't don't these things yet.... of course you love him! If you haven't seen the worst in each other yet, then of course you are both perfect!

If you wanna know if you REALLY love him..... experience all the above first..... and if you still wanna hang out with him, then it might be love.

This stuff isn't shown in the show, is it?

I mena, I know its entertainment. I know its for ratings. I get it.... but still.... "Love" today is so misunderstood.

And Im gonna have to be the one to explain the real truths about love to my kids.... which I would have done anyway, without the help of "The Bachelor" or "Married at First Sight"..... but these "reality" shows don't help out with parenting at all.

Ugh.... Ive got a lot of work cut out for me...... thank you TV for making my job as a parent even more difficult that it already is. Seriously..... thank you.






2 comments:

  1. BRAVO MA'AM!!

    I merely stumbled by this blog. In truth i don't have TV so i missed this whole thing. Might've heard someone mention it on the radio at the gym. They make this dude's every decision sound crucial.

    In the end I hope you find someone that loves you. I guess its all we ever want.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading and commenting!
    Im married and happy in love, but I agree with you... all we want is to be loved!!

    ReplyDelete