Thursday, September 22, 2011

"La Mia Famiglia"...(By: Jess)

I think everyone should be forced to move away.....from their family....for at least a year.

Because maybe then will people truly understand how important family is.

Maybe then people will understand what it is like to miss your family so much, it hurts your soul.

Maybe then people will not take each other for granted so much and treasure the time they spend together.

That is how I feel about my family.

Ever since I moved away from them (7 years ago) I have missed them ever since.

When I come home to visit (which isn't as often as I would like) I don't think they realize how excited I become or how much it really means to me.

When I pull my car into that familar town, I can barely turn off the engine and unbuckle my seatbelt fast enough! Seeing my Mom and sister is always the 1st thing I do (followed by a big hug and kiss),but then seeing all my cousins and "crazy aunts" is always next on my list.

When I come home, I feel just that. HOME.

Sometimes I think I have unrealistic expectations when I come home, regarding all the family time I expect to have. Because everytime I leave, I never feel like I got my "fix". I never feel like I got to spend enough time with everyone. I never feel fully fullfilled.

I don't think my family truly understands how much they mean to me or how much I value the whole concept of "FAMILY".

I'm a huge nerd when it comes to family. I love a big family and I happen to be blessed with one.....and all the baggage that comes with it! I love everyone getting together on birthdays, holidays, and weekends to eat, drink, and be merry! I love family get-togethers and celebrations! I love laughing, playing games, talking, and storytelling with my family! My Aunts kitchen table is my favorite place to be when I am home and coffee and dessert are ALWAYS consumed there. Dinner-time is my favorite time of day when I am home because it (usually) involves all my family members getting together....and when it dosen't happen, it frustrates me to no end.

Nobody can make me feel as accepted as my family can. They didn't choose me. I didn't choose them. We didn't choose each other. God did, and who is to ever question Him?

Below are some quotes that I love....concerning family. My hope is that by reading this, you (whoever you are...) will think of your family and love them and remember them and thank God for giving you them.


I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. ~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis," M*A*S*H

The family is a haven in a heartless world. ~Attributed to Christopher Lasch

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.~Joyce Brothers

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Blood's thicker than water, and when one's in trouble Best to seek out a relatives open arms.~Author Unknown

To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. ~Barbara Bush

When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them. ~George Bernard Shaw

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard

Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted. ~Paul Pearshall

'Ohana means family - no one gets left behind, and no one is ever forgotten. ~Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, Lilo & Stitch

The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you. ~Kendall Hailey, The Day I Became an Autodidact

Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are. ~Marsha Norman

I can say whatever I want about my family. That doesn't mean you can. - Unknown

At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable. ~Mark V. Olsen and Will Sheffer, Big Love, "Easter"

Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.~Anthony Brandt


A secret note to my family.....

Amo tutti voi. Voi sapete chi siete. Non rovinare il Natale. Mi ci vogliono tutti per stare insieme. Questo è tutto ciò che conta. Siete tutti importanti per me e vi amo tutti così tanto. Capirlo e fatemi sapere cosa è il piano. Ci vediamo presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment