Thursday, January 10, 2013

Faithful Years (By: Jessica)

2012....... what a year.

Full of ups and downs.
Full of trial and error.
Full of smiles, frowns, tears of happiness, tears of anger, unexpected surprises, unexpected heartbreaks, new ways of thinking, new address, and  everything else in between.

If I've learned anything from 2012 it is this.......

 Have faith.

I spent the first half of 2013 terrified, scared, confused, unsure, not confident , and anxious. I had just found out I was expecting another baby and the thought of that scared me to death!

But, I had a little faith to spare and God took care of it for me. Cece is perfect and I don't remember what life used to be like without her.

I also spent a lot of 2013......physically miserable. I. hate. being. pregnant. I'm not one of those people who "loves being with child". Besides the fact that I couldn't drink alcohol for 9 months, I also couldn't move without pain, or sleep soundly, or sit down in comfort......ever. This pregnancy was also more difficult that last time because I was forced to chases after a toddling toddler the whole time. Not easy. I think I prayed 2,532 times a day to God to please just "be with me". And he was. Glad I had faith.

2013 was a year of change for me. We moved to a new home. We added another person to our family. My body went through more changes than I ever imagined. My relationships with certain people changed... for the better and worse. My outlook on my career changed. After looking back on all the change I have experienced in 2012, I have come to the conclusion that.......WITH A LITTLE FAITH,  CHANGE IS GOOD.

Overall, 2013 was good to me. I'm happy, healthy, and alive. My family is happy, healthy, and alive. I can't complain.

I'm excited about 2013.... as I am about all new years. I'm not the "new year resolution making type", but I do like to set goals for the new year. Some time's I achieve them, sometimes not. But if you don't have a goal...what's the point of....... anything?

Anyway- here are some goals that I hope to accomplish this year and with a little faith, I hope to do just that.

1. Tuck some graduate hours under my belt in order to complete my Master's +30
2. Participate in a half-marathon ("participate", not "run".)
3. Join the YMCA
4. Make some extra money
5. Make my blog into a book
6. Schedule a family photo session
7. Participate in more 5k's
8. Eat cleaner
9. Become more involved in my church
10. Spend more time with the hubby
11. Let my hair grow
12. Read more books
13. Continue "pinning" and experimenting
14. Run 3 days a week
15. Pay more attention to my wardrobe
16. Gossip less
17. Stop caring (so much) about what others think
18. Wear my Christianity on my sleeve
19. Coupon more
20. Pray more
21. Consider a PhD (wince)



No comments:

Post a Comment