Monday, March 7, 2011

It's all fun and games.... (By: Jess)

So, while I was driving to work this AM I was listening to my favorite radio station. (Hawk and Tom show)

On the show, they were talking about fun games they used to play as kids. They mentioned some games that my sister and I used to play, which kick started tons of memories for me!

Thanks to all these memories flooding back into my mind, I have no idea how I got to school!

I was daydreaming about all the endless hours spent playing with my sister and neighborhood buds, when suddenly, BAM, I was in the parking lot.Funy how that happened. Not really.

Here are some memories that I was able to dig out this morning..... what a good way to start the week!!

Outdoor games
(these games were spent playing in my front yard or back yard, several neighbor's yards, our swimming pool, the cemetery (I know....right!) or the woods in the back of our neighborhood)
People involved: Jill, Amy, Dan, Mandy, Jeff, Mark, Brian

1. Red Rover
2. Mother May I?
3. Kickball
4. Freeze Tag/TV Tag
5. hopscotch
6. Jump rope
7. roller skating (4 wheels)
8. Bike rides
9. swimming (and all the ransom games that we made up.../.talking underwater, running and seeing who could do the craziest jump into the pool, racing, underwater dancing, pool rings, beach towel fashion shows, surfing on rafts)
10. Hide and seek (in the dark!)
11. catching lighting bugs
12. ghosts in the graveyard (similar to #10)
13. attempting to build a clubhouse..... many times!
14. running through the sprinkler....even though we had a pool in the back yard!
15. Slip and slide (homemade of course!)
16. Jacks
17. Having a Picnic (in the cemetery)
18. Riding bikes to burger king and drug store.

Indoor games
(ya know.....cause sometimes it rains and winter comes every now and then)
1. House
2. Hospital
3. Nintendo
4. Hide and seek
5. Gather all the pillows and cushions in the ENTIRE house and throw them all in one room. Thats it.
6. School
7. Restaurant
8. Dance/Cheerleading Competition
9. Making homemade scary movies with my dad's video camera.

Any of these sound familiar????

No comments:

Post a Comment