Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peace and Quiet? (By: Jess)

This is gonna be a short one..... but one that I would like to share and also know if I am alone on this..... Lindsey, please tell me you have experienced this?!?!?! (keep reading...)

Ever since Leo has entered my world I no longer have peace and quiet. Not because he cries a lot, cause he doesn't, but because my mind CONSTANTLY thinks I hear him crying.

(readers, especially those who are mother's, please be nodding your head in agreeing with me on this, or I will think I've totally lost it!! )

Whenever I find myself in a quiet moment, usually when he is napping (which he does well!), my mind plays tricks on me. I either think I hear him crying or I think I hear baby music playing in the background. I SWEAR I hear it! But when I go check it out.....nuttin'. This really is starting to interrupt me when I want to clean the house, whip up a dessert,blog, facebook stalk, water flowers, vacuum, take a shower, or cat-nap. Never a moment's peace!!

Maybe my ears are so used to these sounds that they are just burned into my ear drums! It's kinda like when you stare at an optical illusion for a long time and even when you look away, you still see it........ You know what I'm talking about?

That's what I'm experiencing.

It's usually the worst at night. Whenever it's REALLY quiet is when I hear "the sounds" the most. I SWEAR I hear him cooing or crying, or sometimes screaming.........so I tip-toe into his room only to find him snoozing away. I sigh, roll my eyes, and go back to bed. Only to do it again in about 45 min. Oh Lort!

Maybe I'm being over-protective or over -sensitive or over -anxious or over-caffeinated...... I don't know. But it's getting annoying.

On the positive side...... at least I'm not hearing voices. That would be a different story.........

2 comments:

  1. I did the same witheach of my 4 kids. My youngest is going to be two in a few weeks and I still think I hear him cry. I also found out that sometimes on the baby monitors u pick up other baby monitors. So there could be a chance that u are hearing somebody elses baby cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess - I did the same thing with the girls. Once we got home from the hospital, Kyle and I kept hearing the hospital room door shut. He swore he heard the girls crying all the time and once he went back to work and I was alone, I did the same thing. I finally turned the baby monitor off and it got a little better. Even know, I'll swear I hear them talking once they are in bed and when I go to check, they're sound asleep.

    It's all in being a parent!

    ReplyDelete