Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It's a Guy Thing (By: Jess)

So, I've been in denial for awhile. I've been trying to avoid the truth. But, it is time I accept it and come to grips with reality. It is what it is.  My son hates me.

Ok...maybe "hate" is a strong word. Maybe not the right word to use. But he defiantly is not a mama's boy....at least not right now.....
Leo wants nothing to do with his mama...... and that's the truth. He wants his dad at all times. Only his dad. No one else will do (except maybe Grandpa).

If Leo and I are home, chillin like villians, happy as clams, he still wants his dad.

If he falls down, bumps his noggin, scrapes his knee, pinches his finger, or causes any other bodily damage, my kisses and hugs won't ease the pain. He wants his daddy.

If he is sleepy and wants to cuddle on the couch, it's not Mom he wants to spoon with. It's dad. Only Dad will do.

It's not my arms that Leo run into when I get home from work. It's Dad's.

Toby finds this utterly hilarious and (I think) is secretly loving it!  It's almost like a game....

Toby will be holding Leo and I will be standing next to them. Toby will say, "Go to your mom" and I will hold out my arms, aching for Leo to fall into them! Never the case. What usually happens is that Leo will whine, frown, turn his head away from me, and lay it Toby's shoulder; practically crying at the thought of being pryed from Dad's arms and forced, against his will, into Mom's. Toby laughs. I pout. It's a vicious cycle.

But, I MUST stay positive. I MUST remain calm. I MUST move forward. I MUST have common sense about this....

I keep telling myself... Leo DOES love you. You are HIS MOMMY. No one else will ever play that role. You carried him, you birthed him, you will raise him. Be grateful that he loves his Daddy so much! Be grateful that his Daddy is so involved in his life. Stop being so selfish. There will be a day when we will "want you". He's going through a phase right now. Overall, at the end of the day, YOU are his Mommy and he doesn't have a choice but to love you!!

But, darnit, can he just pay me a little attention?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment