Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thinking..... (By: Jess)

So, I'm reading this book....
9781450090889

I know. Weird, right?  When Angie, our school librarian, told me about it, I had this incredible urge to read it. I have NEVER read anything of this genre before and thought I'd give it a try.

WOW.

The entire time I was reading this book, I kept thinking in the back of my mind, "As a Christian woman, I shouldn't be reading this....", but I. COULD. NOT. PUT.IT.DOWN.

This man (Pee Wee Gaskins) is.......................... there are no words.

I cannot believe the things he did.

And it got me to thinking.....

Who's at fault? (if anyone)

Apparently, this man is "wired wrong". (ya think?!?)

Apparently, he (medically) doesn't have a conscience.  (ya think?!)

Apparently, he is missing an important part of his brain that prevents people from doing the insane things that this man did.

If this is the case.... here are my questions...

1. Is it his fault that he committed the crimes he did?
2. Why would God make such evil?
3. Did God create this man?
4. Was he born this way....or did his brain develop this way?
5. Was he born "normal" and then as he grew up and developed, did something go wrong?
6. If this man would have had a "better" childhood, would things have been different or was this something that could not have been prevented?
7. Can a person be born without a conscience?
8. If people like this REALLY exist (and apparently they do) then why are we not constantly terrified?!?
9. Is there a place in Heaven for men like this? Apparently, he was a devoted Christian......
10. Does God forgive.....everything??


Just wondering and thinking..... I'd love to hear some of your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment