Thursday, February 14, 2013

What I Wanted. (By: Jessica)

What I wanted:
To have a relaxing mini vacation with my husband in Las Vegas! To sleep in, eat good food, make a little money, drink some classy drinks, take my time getting ready, take a nap whenever I want, shop....

What really happened:
I got food poisoning and only had 24 hours to do all the above.

What I wanted:
To make 4 complete meals for my great friend, Kerri, who just had an adorable baby boy! I wanted to make her a soup, a freezable meal, and (2) meals that heat up nice. I also wanted to make her a plate of her favorite lemon cookies, Cinnamon pecans, and a batch of her husband's mother's oatmeal.

What really happened:
The baby is almost a month old..... and I have yet to bring them (1) stinkin meal. I'm such a a slacker and a dead beat friend.

What I wanted:
To make these really cute foam monogram cutouts for Leo and Cece's bedroom doors.

What really happened:
Foam boards are REALLY hard to cut using an exacto knife.

What I wanted:
To spend my Christmas money that I got from my mom and in-laws on random stuff for myself. Mani/pedi? New clothes? Girls night? Pintrest crafts? Home decor?

What really happened:
All my Christmas money is gone and none of the above was purchased. Which makes we wonder....where is it?

What I wanted:
To loose weight  like CrAzY when I took up running and be a skinnylilbiotch.

What happened:
I'm started in October.. could barely run 1 min without wanting to shoot myself in the face. Now.... I can run about 13 minutes without stopping once. I am up to run/walking 4 miles. I have completed 3 5K's and an registered for 2 more! I'm also planning on running in a half marathon at the end of April..... and I haven't.lost.one.pound.

What I wanted:
To have an enjoyable Christmas, at home with my family.

What really happened:
Lies were told, gossip was spread, tears were shed, hearts were broken, relationships changed drastically, trust was destroyed, feelings were hurt, backs were turned.  Not the "Holly Jolly Christmas" I had hoped for.

What I wanted:
My kids to call my dad, Grandpa.

What really happened:
They will never know him.

What I wanted:
To be more involved in my church and meet a lot of new people

What really happened:
I have no time to devote to it.

What I wanted:
To look like a "hot mom" walking the streets of the Las Vegas Strip in my trendy brown boots that I never get to wear back home cause I never go anywhere to wear them.

What really happened:
I was in severe pain after 3 blocks and produced a blister the size of a coaster.

What I wanted:
To have plenty of room and space for the kids to spread out and for extra stuff to be stored.

What really happened:
I drive a van.

What I wanted:
To hang pretty Christmas ornaments from the arches in my kitchen, over my sink, with fishing line.

What happened:
Broken glass. Everywhere.

What I wanted:
I new bathrobe for Christmas. Any color (except white). Any style (except long)

What really happened:
I got a new bath robe for Christmas from my husband. A long, white one.

What I wanted:
To wear REAL makeup that will make my face look flawless/airbrushed. Not the cheap stuff I normally buy from Wal-Mart.

What Happened:
My face broke out like a 7th graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment