Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's a BRAND NEW YEAR! (By:Jess)

New Year's.

It's always a bitter sweet holiday for me.

I love it and I hate it.

I love it because of all the parties and the excuse to have an extra drink......... or 5! I love it because it gives me a "start fresh" feeling and I always feel the need to get really organized this time of year! I love it because I have an excuse to force myself to stay up til midnight and lay a big wet one on my hubby! (like I NEED an excuse! lol!) I love cooking a huge crockpot of sauerkraut and sausage, hoping for good luck, just so I take ONE BIG BITE with my nose plugged so I can't taste the sauerkraut! I love all the hype on TV and watching all the "year in review" clips that are complied. I love the tradition and nostalgia of "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve", even though seeing Mr. Clark now makes me a little sad. I love hearing Auld Lang Syne and getting a little teary. Yeah, I guess New Year's has it's perks.

But, I sometimes hate New Years. I hate trying to make HUGE plans, and they NEVER live up to what I had imagined in my head. I hate saying "goodbye"......to anything. One year gone means one year that will never come back. :( I hate the thought of all the crazy party animals on the road who probably had too much to drink. Scary thought. I hate trying to get used to writing the new year. It always take me months to finally get used to the fact that it's a new year.

But, since I consider myself a somewhat positive, glass-is-half-full type of gal, I will try my best to focus my attention on the 1st half of this blog.

As I sit here, thinking back on 2011, here is a (quick) list of all the things that have occurred in my life the past 365 days.

1. Leo Beck Rolfes entered. Amazing.
2. I dyed my hair dark
3. We got 2 new cars. (correction: TOBY got 2 new cars)
4. I started a monthly meal schedule.
5. I found a new passion for photography, piggy banks, and walking.
6. "On Second Thought" was created.
7. Merry Maids is now part of my family.
8. We joined a small group at church which has been a huge blessing.
9. I dyed my hair back to light
10. I discovered Pintrest.
11. I found a new "drink"....Disaronno on the rocks with cranberry juice. Delish.
12. I can say, in completely honesty, that everything in our closets have a need and purpose.
13. I endured the pain of a level 3 episiotomy, having a crown put on my tooth, and the realization that Edward Cullen is off the market.

I'm sure there is more. I mean, I KNOW there is more. And probably more that is more important and less petty..... but I said a "quick list" if I remember correctly. If I had all the time in the world to sit here and reminisce, I'm sure I would have a much more lengthy and relevant list. I'm doin the best I can here..... it's only a matter of time until my 9 month old tries to stick his finger in the light socket or eat some of the dogs kibbles. So...anyway......

Good-bye 2011. You have been great, really. You gave a little and took a little. I will always remember you.

Welcome 2012! I accept you with open arms and an open heart! Come on it, make yourself at home, and stay awhile! I'm sure you have a lot in store! I can't wait to see what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment