Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How Ya Feelin'? PART 5 (By: Jess)

The question I get asked everyday is, "How are you feeling"? So, I decided to do occasional updates on that exact topic.



I am currently 28 weeks along. (7 months)
Size of Baby
An eggplant
Gender
Sugar and spice!
Name?
Ceceilia Grace Rolfes.  I have nicknamed her "cecil" (pronounced sea-sull). I can't help but think about the cartoon my dad and I used to watch called "Bennie and Cecil". Leo has become Bennie.

Movement
Tiny Dancer! She moves a lot more, but she doesn't move as roughly as her brother did. She moves in waves or tiny bumps. My little graceful ballerina!
Sleep Report
 Terrible. I wake up ALL the time, with crazy stuff on my mind! "Where is my HS diploma?", "I wonder if I was at the basketball game when Celina played OG and Toby played?" "I need new lipstick." "What should Leo and Cece be for Halloween?"
What I miss
Alcohol, energy required to take care of Leo like I used to, calorie counting, working at school, planning our family beach trip
Cravings
 Ice Cream, pancakes, ice water
Weird Happenings
My sudden drive to make a quilt for Cece! I started it and finished it in about 2 weeks. Leo is over a year old and I'm still not done with his!

My "nesting" urge. Maybe it's because we are moving to a new home in a week and a half, but I've been obsessed with throwing out the old and getting new!!

Advise and/or comments
Good- Wendy (Leo's babysitter and BFF) texted me the other day and told me how excited she was for Cece to arrive. I told her I was terrified. She said "LOL! It's not as hard as you think it will be.  You are so organized and that will help, along with maintaing a good schedule. You are a wonderful mom!" She has no idea how much I needed to hear that.
Bad-  A lady looked at my feet and said, "Oh wow! Your feet, ankles, and caves are really swollen!" My response: "Um, not really. They normally look like that. Thanks, though." Stab.
Best Moment(s)
I have bought a couple outfits for Cece that I can't stop obsessing over! I swear, I go into her closet and look at them everyday! One is a zebra striped dress from Walmart and the other is a pink and white sleeper I found at a yard sale with the tags still on. It may be her "coming home" frock.

My Mother-in-Law got Cecil the most beautiful black and pink sleeper. It is also one I stare at daily.

My Mom told me that she has a Christmas dress for Cece. It used to be mine. I can't wait to see her in it.

My friends threw me a surprise baby shower! It was just what the doctor ordered after being on bedrest for a couple weeks. I got some amazing gifts and felt so loved! They will never know how much that shower meant to me!
Meltdowns
Surprisingly......none. (knock on wood) 

What I am looking forward to
Moving into our new home on May 22nd
My sister coming to visit!
Taking Leo to the Catfish festival
Baby shower in June
How many weeks left
12 weeks
Getting Prepared
Toby will be painting  her room a pale pink in the next few days and my sister and I have a few projects planned for her room!
Current Mental Status
Stable. Let's keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment