Tuesday, December 18, 2012

If Money Wasn't an Option (By: Jess)


One of my favorite conversations that Toby and I have is when we sit and talk (fantisise) about what we would do if we won the lottery.

I love this conversation.

We have had it several times before. It always starts out with me saying, "Ok. If we would win the jackpot, what would we seriously do with all that money?"

And then the conversation takes off.... Toby shares his master plan with me, and I add in my suggestions, wants, desires, requests. We talk about how we would tell people and how we would keep it a secret. We talk about the trips we'd take, what we would pay off, what we would put back and save, what we would buy, what we would share with family/friends, what charities we would help. This conversation is my favorite!! I think it's because for at least 30 minutes or so I actually believe we will someday win the lottery!! I actually let myself get carried away in this dream and for a brief moment, I feel like it may actually happen! It's ridiculous. But, sometimes its fun to get caught up in a dream, even if it's a dream that (probably) will never come true.

After our most recent "whatwouldwedoifwewonthelottery" conversation, I began thinking.

What would I do.....REALLY DO, BUY, EXPERIENCE, LEARN, ect..... if money was not an option.

Talk about getting lost in a dream...... I daydreamed about this thought for a long time. Days even. Here is what crossed my mind....

(Sidenote: this is an extremely selfish/materialistic/shallow list. Since this will probably never be a possibility, I didn't take my daydreaming too seriously. )

I would have the most sytlish wardrode known to man and never wear an outfit twice
I would wear the best make-up ever made and have it applied by someone else, daily.
I'd drive a different car everyday
I'd constantly be traveling or on vacation
I'd own a beach house and a house in the mountains
I'd own a privet jet
Las Vegas would be a weekend spot
Leo and Cece would join the "Little Gym" and I would take them everyday cause I wouldn't have a job.
I would be a member of a gym
I would own a vintage/antique diamond ring....like this one....




 
















I would get my nails done, get my hair done, get massages, and go to the spa every Thursday.
I would have met Justin Beiber in person (cause I'm sure someone would have to be paid for this to happen)  and have front row seats to all his concerts.
I would take shopping trips to NYC for every season.
I would be a regular customer at Coach, WHite House/Black Market, Guess, Express, Macy's, Pottery Barn, and a lot of boutiques.
I would own a "top of the line" camera and take as many photography classes as I wanted so i would be able to use it.
I would have a PhD in Education
Leo and Cece would never wear an outfit twice
I'd throw a huge New Years Eve party in Las Vegas.....every year.
I'd host formal dinner parties
I'd have a privet chef
I's have a personal trainer
Gertie would have a playmate
Gertie would be professionally pottytrained
I'd have a double stove
I'd have a boat, jet ski, and a "place at the lake"
I'd have a kindle fire, my own ipad, and the newest iphone
I'd own my own resturant and all meals would be free. (I wouldn't work there, of course!)
My closet would get a major makeover. Maybe this.....









I'd take my girlfriends on mini tropical vacations every summer
I'd have hair extensions
I'd be smokin hot
I'd be a regular attendee of every show at the Peace Center
Disney World would be a yearly (week long) trip for my kids
My bathroom would be similar to this......














I'd be a season ticket holder for all OSU football games and attend every home game.
My backyard would look like this....





Ya know what I was thinking while I was making this list?

 Almost all of the things on this "dream list", someome probably already has!

Some (if not most or all) of these things that I can only "dream of" are probably a reality to some people. (The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills comes to mind...)

Anyways- "a dream is a wish your heart makes", right? I mean...it COULD happen? The only way we will EVER win the lottery is if we keep playing it. (as my father-in-law would say)

Cross your fingers!! and toes! and eyes! and your legs! and







No comments:

Post a Comment