Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Am I one of "them"? Yep. (By: Jessica)


When my BFF, Lindsey, asked me if I wanted to co-write a blog with her, my first reactions was "yes".

Why? Cause there was no reason for me to say "no" to her. She comes from a long line of "bloggers" and I know she has always wanted to start one.

Plus, she has always had a way of convincing me to do things.....

Like the time when she convinced me to do a dance at a club that she swore looked cool. I did it and it was like crack... I was addicted.

Or like the time she convinced me to meet her cousin in order to help me get over a bad break-up. I did it and now am married to the most amazing man God ever created.




Or the time she convinced me to dance like a fool down the isle at her wedding. I did it and felt like a superstar. A long-time dream of mine.

Or the time she convinced me to play hookie form work and go shopping with her, in an attempt to get my mind off my Dad, laying in a coma in a hospital bed. I did and didn't realize how bad I needed that shopping trip.

Or the time she convinced me to ask a stranger on an airplane to switch seats with me so I could sit next to her and help her out in a time of need. I did it and thats when this crazy friendship (that I don't think I could live without) started.

Her job.....set it up.

My job..... think of a title.

BAM! That's how we work.

I can honestly say that I have never really thought about starting a blog before. In fact, people who blogged somtimes confused me. I have always wondered what the purpose of a blog was. What do "these people" have to say that they feel is so important to share with the world wide web? Whenever someone would say "Check out my blog" or "I have a blog" or "I posted it in my blog", I would give a simple eye roll and smile. As silly as I thought blogging was, I did in fact follow several blogs myself.....I know....whatever.

Now that Im a blogger myself (still getting used to the new title.....Jessica the Blogger, Mrs. Blogger, Blog-ette, One who bloggs, ect....) I think I have figured out why people do it...or at least why I do it. I do it for myself. It's like my own on-line journal. Im not writing for the world, Im not writing for the pleasure of others, Im writing for me. It's fun and allows me to be creative. Ok...I get it now.

So.....Sorry for all the past judgement, fellow bloggers. I was wrong about you and thanks for allowing me to join your club.

4 comments:

  1. Any blog coming from such an amazing person, I will read! Hopefully, you will blog about "baby's first" or "mom's first" ~ can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it, Cindy! I can't wait to add stuff to a tab titled "Mom Stuff"!! Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and Lins doing a blog I don't know if the world is ready for all of this! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to being entertained on these long cold winter days. Go Girls!!

    ReplyDelete