Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411 Link-Up with "Mrs. to Mama" (by: Jess)

So I have been following this GREAT blog called "From Mrs. to Mama" for several months now!

CHECK IT OUT!

I love it! It's intresting to me cause she (Becky) is a cool gal who handles it all....work, wife, mama.

Like me.

Or at least I try darn hard to handle all that!

 I'm sure I don't do it as brillantly as her.  I look forward to reading her posts and maybe even learning a thing or two! But, sometimes I feel like a stalker..... I feel like I know her but she dosen't know me. It makes me feel like a creeper.....mainly cause I read her blog sooooo much!! And because of THIS conversation that happened between my hubby and I.......

Me: Leo needs a new sippy that dosen't leak!
Toby: What kind should we get?
Me: Well, my friend, Becky, uses this kind. (show Toby picture of cup online)
Toby: Ok, we will try it. Who's "Becky"?
Me: Oh.....well.... I guess we are not really "friends".......
Toby: What!?!?
Me: I mean. I know her, but she dosen't know me.
Toby: CREEPY.
Me: I read her blog.
Toby: so just because you read her blog, you think you two are friends?
Me:  Yeah....that is kinda creepy.

So, when she offered a link-up to get to know her readers, I figured it was time I revealed myself! I know that I'm not THAT AMAZING that I just HAVE to share all details of myself with her and her million readers..... but I just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hey. I'm Jessica. We have a lot in common. I enjoy your blog. Thanks for writing and sharing!" That's all. Maybe we can become cyber-friends? One can never have enough......

411 Blogger Link-Up
with
"From Mrs. to Mama" 

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging for about 1 1/2 years. My BFF, Lindsey, and I share this blog. She approached me with the idea of starting it. I wasn't thrilled about the idea and (to be honest) bloggers kinda annoyed me...... but I love the girl and she really wanted to start one.... so I said "sure! Why not?!".  From the first post, I was hooked! I never realized how much I wanted to say, share, and put down in the memory books. This blog QUICKLY became my own personal journal and scrapbook for my kido-s. I want Leo and Cece to be able to read through all the posts, years and years from now, and learn a little more about their Mom and what was going on in HER life. On our blog we talk about a lot of things! Some posts are serious. Some are funny. Some are just plain real. And some are just plain random. We share a lot of recipes on it as well.  Thanks to Becky (author of "From Mrs. to Mama") I am going to make a blog book for every year of our blog. (blog2print.com)  I'm crazy proud of it. I love it.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to the University of Findlay (with Lindsey), in Findlay OH, for my undergrad. I majored in middle childhood education and recieved a teaching degree in English and Social Studies for grades 4-9.  I taught 7th and 8th grade for about 5 years before I continued my education. I then went to Columbia College, in Columbia SC, where I recieved my Master's degree in Divergent Learning.  I currently teach 8th grade Social Studies and 7th and 8th grade Character Education at a very "cool school" in South Carolina that I totally adore!

3. Where have you traveled?
Not really anywhere extremely thrilling. I've been to Las Vegas (my FAV!), Disney World (several times on school field trips), The Outer Banks in NC, Panama City Beach, Ft. Myers Beach, Daytona Beach in FL, Little Rock AK (for a wedding), NYC (senior class trip), Washington DC, Charleston SC, Hollywood CA (my sister used to live there) and The Bahammas. Some places I want to travel to before I kick the bucket are: Anywhere in the New England area, New orleans, San Francisco, England, Italy, Hawaii, and Bora Bora.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Beach House or tickets and accomodations to an AMAZING tropical vacation with my hubby!!

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
 Concieded people. Ugly language. People with no sense of humor.

6. What is your favorite movie?
Omg. That's a tough one...... Under the Tuscan Sun. (and about 1,000 more!)

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Red Wine, Dirty Martini's, Blue Moon with an orange, Corona. I also like Coke, water with Mio Sweet Tea flavor, and Diet Lipton Critus Green Tea.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Shop for deals at Ross, Target, Dollar Store, Goodwill, and yard sales. I also love to get my nails done, try new recipes, and watch reality TV like Real Housewives, Teen Mom, and Dance Mom's.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
NY and Co. (I still call it "Learner") or JCP.

10. What day would you love to relive again?
The day my son was born! Such happiness and excitement!!

11. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Maybe Cameron Diaz? NOT because she looks anything like me or our bodies are similar..... cause we couldn't look more physically different from one another.... but because she always seems to play fun roles. She a little comedic, she's a "girl's girl", always has some sort of man problem, can sometimes be a little rough around the edges, and always has a good time.
Yeah, that's be a good cast.

12. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
High School- Worked as a file clerk in my dad's doctor's office in the summer time. I also was a table busser at a local rib restaurant in town and I taught dance lessons one night a week.
College- Waitress at a local restaurant and worked retail at JCP.
Early Years- 7th grade English teacher, 7th grade Social Studies teacher. 7th and 8th grade Creative Writing teacher, summer school teacher.
Currently- 8th grade Social Studies

13. Show us a picture from high school or college.

Me in High School. I'm the only one with brown hair! 

College. I'm standing in the back row, last one on the right, pink two-piece.

Most current. My husband and I at a baby shower that was thrown for us by our bible study group. We are the couple on the left. Shower was thrown in May. Baby is due early August!

14. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Bora Bora. I've always wanted to go somewhere tropical with my hubby!

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.

This was taken in March. It was Leo's 1st birthday party! My husband, Toby is on the right and I am holding Leo!
16. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
2 kids. Leo will be 6 and Cece will be 5. Still living in our home in Simpsonville, SC. I will still be teaching at the same school and Toby will (hopefully) still be working at Benson's, but maybe in another position? I will be 37 years old in 5 years (yikes?!?!) and hopefully we will have taken the kido-s to Disney already or be getting ready to! I hope, pray, and wish to God that our dog, Gertie is still alive and very much apart of our family! I can't even think about life without her.  I don't want THAT much to change in 5 years time.... I'm pretty darn happy with what we've got goin and I hope it continues!!! xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I loved the conversation between you and your husband! I do the same thing- I'm always talking about my blog friends. My husband thinks it's pretty crazy but I say they just don't understand! :)

    ReplyDelete