Wednesday, May 29, 2013

30 Things I Want My Kids To Know (By:Jessica)



  1. I have a great sense of humor
  2.  I hate bullies
  3. I'm not good at sports
  4. I'm a morning person
  5. I love dessert
  6.  I like to cook
  7. I hate to clean
  8. I'm a terrible liar
  9. I never got straight "A"'s
  10.  I'm terrible at Math
  11.  I love traditions
  12. I have worn glasses since Kindergarten and contacts since 5th grade
  13. Smiling is my favorite
  14. I like reality TV
  15. I like anything historical
  16. I LOVE my job and career choice
  17. I like to "mean what I say" and "say what I mean"  
  18. I do not cry easily
  19. I aim to please
  20. Family vacations are a must!
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have .
         1. Setting a goal and not reaching it.
         2. Death of a loved one
         3. Not raising responsible, respectable, God loving kids
 
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
 
I believe my husband was born....for me. The day I met him I was immediately jealous of the girl that was one day going to be his wife. Toby and I's relationship is "ours". We know what works and what doesn't. We love each other dearly and passionately. We fight like brother and sister. We are best friend and each other's biggest competition. We are there for each other....for anything. No matter how big or small. We share. No one works harder than the other...and if someone is pulling more weight, the other will soon find out about it. We are a quite couple and a loving couple. We like to hold hands and hug each other randomly. There are things that Toby does and things about his personality that bother me and that I have to pray extra hard for the patience to deal with. Toby does that same with me. We are not a perfect couple....by far. We fight. We get attitudes. We make faces and roll our eyes. We go to bed angry. But, divorce will never be an option. We love each other...this much is true. I wouldn't be happy without him. And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy without me.
 
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

  • Being popular is sooooo not as important as you think it is
  • The people who you want to be your friends, are not really as cool as you think they are
  • The boy who doesn't want to go out with you will regret it in the future
  • Small ta-ta's are OK
  • Try a little harder in school..... people have no idea how smart you really are.
  • Smoking is not as cool as  you think it is.
  • Play a sport... you will surprise yourself.
  • Spend more time with your Dad, he won't be here forever.
  •  Stop embarrassing yourself.
  • The friends you have now will be your "forever friends".
 
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
  • Leo
  • Cece
  • Toby
  • Gertie
  • The life God gave me
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
  • Unlimited funds. Things would just be easier.
  • The "perfect" career
  • Lies were non-existent
7. What is your dream job, and why?

I would love to be a professor in the education department at a college or university. I want to "teach teachers".
 
8. What are 5 passions you have?
 
  • My family
  • Teaching
  • Being Healthy
  • God/my Christianity
  • Friendships 
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
 
  •  My Husband- keeps me working to always want him to be proud of me
  •  My Dad- Taught me how to be a good worker
  •  My sister- acceptance
  •  Lindsey- drives me to be a strong Christian woman
  •  Maria- drives me to try new things, never stop learning, and that "anyone can do anything for a year."
  •  Melanie- Got me through college 
  •  Leo/Cece- to be the best role model I can be
  •  Laura, Jayme, Kelly, Angie- True friendship 
  •  Katie- How to really laugh
  • My Mother-in-Law- patience
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.

When I asked someone if they were "expecting" and they were not.
 
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
 
  •  Lying
  •  Laziness
  • Compliment fishing
  • grumpiness
  • overly dramatic
  • overly confident
  • know-it-all attitude
  •  selfish
  •  bad grammar/cursing
  •  Complaining
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.

Alarm goes off. Hit snooze a few times. Get up. Go potty/check FB. Put in contacts. Brush teeth. Take medicine. Get in shower. Wash. Get out of shower. Dry off/put hair in towel. Put on make-up. Go to kitchen, make lunch, Gertie's breakfast, clean up dishes, gt water jug ready, eat breakfast, make coffee. Get up Cece. Love on Cece. Dress Cece. (Toby's handles Leo) Dry hair. Straighten hair. Get dressed. Get kids in van. Make more coffee. Kiss dog goodbye. Kiss husband good bye. Pull out of driveway. Drop kids at daycare. Go to work. Work. Run after school. Pick kids up from daycare. Go home. Feed kids. Feed dog. Feed myself. Bathe kids. Jammies. Feed Cece cereal. Feed Cece bottle. Put Cece to bed. Lay on couch with Leo. Put Leo to bed. Clean kitchen/living room. DO laundry. breathe. put on PJs. Go to bed.
 
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?

Learning things the hard way.
 
14. Describe 5 weaknesses and strengths you have.

Weaknesses
1. Saying "no"
2. Being gullible
3. Being too trusting.
4. Math
5. dessert

Strengths
1. Writing
2. Creativity
3. Being organized
4. Teaching
5. Humor
 
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one.

When I tried to break off our first date.... he refused to let me out of it.
 
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
1. Leo
2. Cece
3. (3) college Degrees
4. Moving to a new state, completely alone, and surviving.
5. Teacher of the Year
 
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

Singing.
 
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?

Easy going personality
 
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?

koamkritkwmflsla,zoqowmsmcxitlwdmslf (a mixture of about 1,000 emotions)
 
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

1. Spending time with my grandparents in FL
2. Spending time at the Lake
3. Neighborhood friends, playing outside.
 
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.

If my Dad had not died so early in life I think him and I would have had an amazing relationship. He was very much like me. I just didn't have enough time with him. My mother and I's relationship is what it is. She loves me, I know this. I love her, she knows this. But...... we are different.
 
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

5- Finished with my 2nd masters
10- Still teaching in Greenville, Leo and Cece attending school together
15- still teaching in Greenville, watching Leo and Cece grow up, happier than ever!
 
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?

Easter. I love the season and the reason!
 
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?

Favorite- Unconditional Love

Least Favorite- Constant judgement of others
 
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?

Woman who lived during the Civil War. I would have her cook for me.
 
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

Teachers have the summer's off.
 
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?

My smile. It says a lot.... it also hides a lot.
 
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?

Dedication
 
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?

To be happy and comfortable and not struggle
 
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
 
  1. Strong Christian
  2. Inspiring
  3. Good teacher
  4. Helpful
  5. Friend
  6. Happy
  7. Funny
  8. Knows how to have a good time
  9. Hard worker
  10. Determined

No comments:

Post a Comment