Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hey Jealousy.

Jealous: Adj. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages

We've all been there. And if you haven't, your a big ole liar whose pants are on fire!

I've been jealous and I've had others jealous of me. Both situations totally suck.

Situation #1: When you are jealous

You see her. There she is. She's got it all put together. House, kids, husband, career, finances, style, friends, personality,  mothering ability, beauty, faith, intelligence, health.

You see her and you hate yourself.

You see her and you hate her.

The feeling of jealousy hurts. It take everything out of you and all you do is focus on what you don't have, never will have, and question how SHE could possibly have it.

You think such ugliness about her and as a result, you yourself become uglier than you were before.

You glare at her, try to make her look bad at any chance you get, gossip about her to others, hope she fails, treat her like she's a nobody, make her feel stupid and embarrassed in public, ignore her.

You get soooo annoyed when other people praise her and you ALWAYS have a bitchy comeback just to make sure she gets knocked down a notch. You criticize EVERYTHING she does.....because she makes you miserable.

How does she do it?!?

She's got it so easy.

I wish I had the money to dress my kids in nothing but brand names. I wish I had matching outfits to dress them in, a different pair of shoes for Cece to go with every outfit, and dressed Leo in trendy, layered clothes, making him look dapper at the age of 4. 

I wish I had her job because it's GOT to be better than mine and sure as hell must pay better.

I wish I had her genes..... naturally skinny and muscular. She has no idea what it's like to work your ass off at the gym (literally).  Doubt she has ever counted calories or went to bed hungry, only to wake up in the middle of the night thinking about that ice cream in the freezer. I bet her thighs don't rub together when she walks and her size 8 is always available in every store. Oh, and I bet her boobs are amazing.

I wonder is she is on anti-depressants?

bahahahahahahaha

 I wish I had friends like hers.... her and her friends always seem to be doing something fun. Spa days! Shopping trips! Winery! Trips! Concerts! I envy all the fun she has.

 I wish I had her faith. I wish I was a regular at my church, on every committee and part of every group. I wish I kept God 1st in my life at all times, constantly worked with Him and made time for Him everyday like she does.

I wish my style was like hers. I bet she hired an interior decorator... cause these is no way in hell she's THAT creative. And as far as her wardrobe..... I bet she's never even heard of a FB auction site where you bid on used clothing or I bet she doesn't get as excited when Walmart has their fall clothes come out. I wish I knew what it felt like to wear $100 jeans, have 25+ pairs of shows, and rock a new winter coat every winter.

I bet her kids never get dirty or have dirt under their fingernails. I bet they never have pop, handfuls of chocolate chips,  square Kraft cheese slices that are not real cheese, cookies for breakfast, or instant microwave mac and cheese for dinner twice in a week. I bet they read books every night, go to bed on time,  sleep in their own beds, and do crafts together on the weekends. I bet she NEVER yells. Ever. I bet she doesn't spank her kids. I bet her kids have never told her they hated her or they are running away. I guarantee you she has never lost her shit in the car van in the chick-fil-a parking lot.

I bet she doesn't stare at her cell phone for hours at night, instead of playing with her kids.  I bet she doesn't FB, tweet, or Instagram because she's too busy for such nonsense.

I hate her. I hate her because I'm jealous of her. .Because I'm so insecure. Because I have a warped sense of reality. Because my expectations for life are not realistic. Because I've failed in certain areas of my life and she hasn't.

Is hating this woman unfair? Absolutely. I know NOTHING about the life she lives. Nothing. My jealousy has nothing at all to do with her. She is just an innocent by-standard. 

"She" by the way doesn't even really exist.

 "She" could be a combination of people I know very well  and people who I see on the street. The constant comparing of me to "her" is exhausting.

You've been there, right? You do this too, right?

Damnit is annoying, isn't it?

photo credit received 11/16/14 Rapid Likes Link: http://rapidlikes.com/quotes-about-jealousy/:

photos of jealousy | life inspiration quotes: Jealousy quotes:

Stop comparing yourself to others and their situations because by doing so your missing out on the wonderful person you are!:

'...sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself' -Mary Schmich:

Situation #2: Someone is jealous of you.

I think this sucks just as bad as feeling actual jealousy.

When people are jealous, its pretty obvious.

So... all you out there who are eaten up with jealously,..... your not foolin' anyone. Its obvious.

Jealous people are mean, bitchy, competitive, cold, weak, fake, and never (ever) happy.  

When someone is jealous of you, you can sense it, can't you? Just by their body language, their tone, and their expressions.

When someone is jealous of you they do a great job of making you feel like a complete dumbass.

They say things like.... 

"You are crazy for getting up so early to work-out... hahah..... you are nuts."

or

"I cant believe you actually took time to do that!" or "I would never spend that much time on decorating my classroom. I have a life. haha"

They are amazing at giving "back handed compliments".

 A "back handed compliment" is a compliment followed by a slap in the face.

Example:

"Your wedding ring is beautiful! I wish I got everything I wanted like you always do." 

 "You dress so nice. Appearances must be really important to you."

"Your house is always so clean! I wish I had OCD."

"You always have the coolest birthday party ideas for your kids! Who are you trying to impress?"

They ask you questions, but really don't expect an answer.

 Example:

 "You really care what you look like, don't you?"

"Wouldn't you rather spend time with your kids?

"You have a lot of free time, don't you?."

"Who do you dress up for everyday?"

"You seriously decorate your house for Fall? You're kidding, right?"

They assume things about you or make statements about you that are not true.

Like,

"She never eats anything good."

"She spends too much time and money at the gym."

"She is so self-absorbed."

"She is never home with her kids."

"She's just weird."

They try to ruin any success you experience... big or small.

Example:

"You won  the "Teacher of the Year" award? That's great. I'm sure it's easy to win an award like that if you teach in a small school district."

"You have run in 3 half marathons? That's great. But, you didn't run the whole time did you? So, technically you cant say that you "ran 3 half marathon's,"

"It's so great that you were able to spend a couple days at the beach with your friends!!  I could never leave my kids for that long. I'm too dedicated to them... but good for you for taking time for yourself!"

"Awe, How's Leo? I heard he has an earache. Poor little guy. I bet it's because you didn't breastfeed him."

They roll their eyes at you.
They make you feel inferior.
They ignore you.
They laugh at you.
They bring you down.
They are always "just kidding"
They always smile and give a little laugh after a comment that was made to hurt you.
They don't ever listen to you.
They never ask you questions about anything important.

When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you but a lot about them.:


It's so funny how the people who know the least about you, have the most to say.  #life #quotes #lifequotes:

Find the place where GOD would have you to belong. Every association and affiliation ain't it! Deal with you, your isms and your mess. Do the work to clean up that mess-insecurity, jealousy and low self-worth. Learn to be "Alright with Me" and you'll find a peace that goes beyond anything you've ever experienced. Trust God for this is a process!#ThisQueenKnows . #queenlyandconfident #girlfriendcheck:


Rofl!  Funniest thing I've heard in a long time.  I am just a loud person.  Always have been.  Why would I be insecure around a meek mouse who plays dress up and pretends to be something they aren't, and who scurries away from issues! Maybe it is an act to borrow from all the ones you missed the first time?  All your zen quotes about being so nice, HA!  Grow up sometime.:


So which situation have you ever experienced?  Are you the jealous type? Or do you always seem to be on the receiving end of other peoples jealousy?

Well, I'm lucky.

I experience both.

 All the time.

Jealous?

Jealousy is something I pray about all the time.  If this is something you struggle with...... know you are not alone. Keep working at trying to overcome it. I will if you will.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment