Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just because I'm a mom..... (By: Jess)

Just because I'm a mom......




  • Doesn't mean that I have to be in the presence of my child 24/7. I ache sometimes for a totally silent night, a few hours of uninterrupted reality TV, a date night with the hubs, and a nice long nap with my pup.


  • Doesn't mean that my house has to look like a tornado passed through it all the time. I still can't sleep peacefully if the living room isn't organized, the dishes are not put up, the counters are not wiped down, or the couch blankets are not folded before I go to bed. Does this happen every night? Heck No! But, if it doesn't you can bet your bottom dollar it will get done in the morning!


  • Doesn't mean that I have an excuse to look frumpy. Thank God for good make-up and track suites with hoop earrings!

  • Doesn't mean that I have lost myself and I have totally changed. Yes, Leo has flipped my world upside down and brought so much joy to my world, but I am still "ME". And that won't change.

  • Doesn't mean that I will use my kids as an excuse for EVERYTHING! You will never hear me say....... "I can't go cause I have kids". "I can't afford it cause I have kids". "I didn't get it done because I have kids". "I'm late cause I have kids". "I'm a hot mess and so is my home cause I have kids". "I'm slacking at work cause I have kids". (I promise I won't say these things......Unless they are true. )

  • Doesn't mean that my marriage comes second. The best thing Toby and I can do for our children is continue to love each other and make time for each other.

  • Doesn't mean that I don't need my own mom every now and then.

  • Doesn't mean that I have it all together. In fact, I really (really) don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment