Monday, February 13, 2012

How ya Feelin' (PART 2) By: Jess

The question I get asked everyday is, "How are you feeling"? So, I decided to do occasional updates on that exact topic.



I am currently 16 weeks along. (4 months)

Size of BabyAn Avocado
Gender
Will not know until March.!! (I slightly thinking BOY now......)
Name?I've got (2) names nailed down! A boy name and a girl name. Just waiting to see which one it will be!!!
MovementNot really anything huge yet, but an looking forward to those tiny kicks and turns!
Sleep ReportStill having weird dreams! Also, Having a hard time "really" getting to sleep. It seems like I sleep really hard for like an hour or so, and then for the rest of the night it is very restless.

Also, been waking up and being totally confused! What day is it? Where am I? What time is it? Is it Friday? Saturday? No wait....it's Tuesday. What time is it? Do I have to work today? Ugh! It's so annoying!

What I missAlcohol (yes....this is listed first. Don't judge.), extra energy, and stable moods.
CravingsNothing at the moment. I seem to have lost my appetite lately.
Weird Happenings
I'm starting to feel queasy after eating. Never experienced that before....
Advise and/or comments
Good- Someone told me about a at-home-walking (exercise) DVD. I love that idea! Being able to walk in the comfort of my own home. It only takes 6 min. per mile. This is something that I can handle. So I bought it. 3 weeks ago. I still haven't put it in the DVD player yet.....but I will......soon. I promise.

I was getting a little freaked out about being able to handle Leo (who will be 17 months old when the new baby will be here) and the new baby. My friends told me, "You have no reason to stress! You are a wonderful Mom and you make it look so easy!" That made me feel good. Thanks Kerri and Kristie!

The fact that my babysitter (Wendy) is thrilled to take on another baby! I need her help! She's awesome!

Bad- Someone told me "Leo is gonna have to grow-up fast". Not really, but thanks for raining on my parade. Leo will grow-up just as time will allow him to. I'm not going to be rushing him to walk, or talk, or dress himself, or feed himself, or take the driver's test. He will grow-up just fine at at his own pace. Just because he is going to have a sibling doesn't mean that I will suddenly start expecting him to act like a 5 year old. It hurt my feelings that this person automatically assumed that Leo would suddenly get no attention and be expected to raise himself. Did they expect Leo to be an only child for the rest of his life? That comment just bothered me. To the core.
Best Moment(s)Thinking about who this little bumpkin will grow up to be and how God placed this new baby in our lives for a reason.

Thinking that this time next year I will be a Mommy of 2 and I prolly won't be able to imagine my life without these two rug-rats!

MeltdownsI've had some bad, bad weeks! I'm actually going to talk to my Dr. about it when I see him next week. I don't feel like myself.

Watching "Secretariat" and bawling my eyes out! It's not that sad of a movie, but apparently I thought it was.
What I am looking forward toFinding out the gender! I'll find out at 20 weeks.
How many weeks left24
Getting PreparedSold some old furniture and random stuff to clean out the spare bedroom to make into Leo's "big boy" room.

Found Leo some new bedding for his "big boy bed" at JCP. It's so cute and boyish! Check it out!

Have a brand new double stroller- thanks to an amazing friend! Best. Gift. Ever.

Bought another Diaper Genie. A must have.

Going shopping on Friday to get some new maternity clothes.
Current Mental StatusStill a Hot Mess. But getting better....... a little. Ok...not really :)

No comments:

Post a Comment