Thursday, February 23, 2012

Survivor (By: Jessica)

Well, we did it.
Toby and I have survived our first year raising a child. The pleasure has been all ours! Looking forward to many more years ahead! But.... holy moly, a lot has changed! ( for the better I will add!)
Here is a lit of realizations, trials, new challenges, let downs, and triumphs I (we) have experienced the past 365 days since Leo Beck rocked our world.....
1. I have a high pain tolerance.
2. I miss getting all the attention from my husband.
3. Our marriage has had extreme highs and moderate lows.
4. Toby and I compete with each other more than we realize.
5. Leo makes me want to be a better person.
6. Money does not grow on trees.
7. It's OK for my job to come 2nd.
8. Our "home" has never felt the same as before.
9. I have never felt more guilty in my life than I have the second I became a mom. If fact, the guilt started in the hospital, the night Leo was born.
10. I have forgotten how to clean......and I love it.
11. Some things that used to be a big deal now are not.
12. Alcohol is more important to me and serves an entirely different purpose than it used to.
13. Our personal needs (gladly) come second.
14. Having a child......makes women VERY fertile. (Er....would have been good to know in advance.)
15. I'd rather have Leo be comfortable that be stylish.
16. My faith has changed. (in a good way)
17. I depend on Toby more than I ever thought I would/could.
18. Saying "no" to things is easier
19. There are some people who I thought would play a bigger role in Leo's life than they currently do.
20. DO NOT (repeat: DO NOT) play "airplane" with a baby who just ate.21. Mobiles, comforters, absorbant mattress pads, and diaper stacker's were pointless for us.
22. Costco membership is a "must have" for us.23. A lot of the "just wait" comments people told me were rubbish.
24. The park is more fun now than when I was 10.
25. Not all public restrooms have a "baby changing station".
26. 1 hr in the early morning of "me time" is totally necessary.
27. My babysitter is more than a sitter... she is helping me raise my son.
28. Not having family close by is difficult.
29. Gertie will always be our first baby.
30. Since becoming a parent, I have grown up tremendously.
31. There is soooooo much that I want to do in my life!!!!


It's been one amazing year! Based on THIS year, I have NO IDEA what is in store for the next year......or the next or the next or the next or the next........







No comments:

Post a Comment