Saturday, May 14, 2011

Neighborhood Drama! (By: Jess)

We live in a great subdivision called "Morning Mist". We love it! It is a beautiful subdivision, with a wonderful community pool, great sidewalks and hills for walking, and looks spectacular at Christmas! But this weekend I have witnessed some unusual drama in Morning Mist, and that is not the norm. It has made for an interesting weekend, though.



Dramatic occurrence #1- Every night Leo throws a temper tantrum. All we can do at this point is just laugh, cause nothing will settle him down. So, in an attempt to calm him down, I decided to take him out on the front porch. My mom is here visiting, so she came outside with me.

As we were sitting there, I was holding Leo on my lap bouncing him up and down and it worked....he was calm and content. Yay!

Then......ALL OF A SUDDEN.......something caught my eye.

Up in the sky I saw HUGE BLACK smoke stacks! My eyes got very big and I pointed up in the air! I said, "MOM! LOOK!"

Instantly, I thought someones house was on fire and my mind started racing with horrible thoughts!

Then a lady across the street started SCREAMING at her dog to get in the house and went sprinting toward the smoke!

Mom, Leo, and I jumped up and started walking toward the black smoke!

At this point my heart was beating so fast and I got a sick feeling in my stomach, thinking that maybe someone might be caught inside the house, burning alive! (gruesome, I know, but that's how I think.)

As we walked toward the smoke, people started emerging from their homes and gawking just like us! 911 had been called by several neighbors, so help was on the way! I had NEVER seen smoke like that before!

The closer we got to the house, the more I could see of the fire. The flames were GIANT and were starting to burn the tops of the surrounding trees! This whole time I still was thinking that someone may be trapped inside and was starting to panic a little......until we were informed that it was only a shed that was burning and not a house.

My panic level dropped from about a 98 to a 2.

Thank goodness no one was hurt, except the shed!

But, WHAT EXCITEMENT!! I had never witnessed a fire, so this was a first! Leo was just as amazed as I was, cause his blue eyes had never been bigger!!!

Dramatic occurrence #2- After the night of "the blaze", I was still thinking about it the next day. I was still VERY thankful that there were no fatalities and still buzzing from the thrill of seeing all that smoke and fire! Hey.......things around here can get a little dull, so this was very exciting for me. Don't judge. Anyway- things are only about to get better. More drama is brewing.

I was venturing out for my daily walk and got about 19 steps away from my house when ALL OF A SUDDEN I heard a woman screaming. I stopped. Stood. Listened. And I heard it again. And again. And again. It was a "scared scream", not a "painful scream". There is a difference.

Immediately I thought, "Maybe she has seen a giant spider?" That's that way I'd scream if I saw a giant spider. But she kept screaming. If she saw a spider, surly she would have ran away from it or someone would have killed it by now.

Then I thought, "maybe it jumped in her hair?" (a real fear of mine).

Then I heard another sound.

A man's voice.

And he was yelling.

He was yelling at the screaming woman. He was shouting things like, "NOW YOU'VE PUSHED ME TOO FAR!" and "NOW I'M SORRY!" and "HE'S SLEEPING HERE!".

OK....so I doubt she has seen a spider. She obviously is screaming in reaction to this man.

Now I was a little concerned. It seems we have a domestic disturbance on our hands.

I continued to stand on the sidewalk, listening and thinking. Should I go up to the door; ask if everything is OK? Should I call 911? Should I keep my distance and continue to listen in? Did I want to try to be the hero? Sometimes the hero gets shot.......I had a family to think about!

I noticed the man next door out mowing his lawn. He did not hear the shouting and screaming going on due to the roar of the mower. So, I walked over to him and asked him how well he knew his neighbors. He told me he didn't know them very well and then I proceeded to tell him what I had heard. His face looked shocked and concerned. But, he also was unsure of what to do.

By this point, we couldn't hear anymore shouting and screaming cause someone had shut (slammed) the front door. The neighbor man and I didn't really know what to do and didn't want to stick our noses where they didn't belong, so I told him to just keep his eyes peeled and I went on my way.

As soon as I left, a woman (the screaming woman?) came dashing out of the house! She ran to the car, parked in the driveway, and started throwing out tons of clothes items into the front yard. Then she got in the passenger's seat.......and sat there. Alone.

Weird.

I continued to stand on the sidewalk and watch (again) and finally decided to keep walking. Their drama, not mine.

As I was walking, I couldn't stop thinking about this domestic disturbance. I wonder hat happened between that man and woman? I really, really hope she didn't get hit by that man.if he was a "wife-beater" than I'd feel really bad about not doing something. Why was she screaming? I couldn't get it out of my mind.

By the time I made it back to my house (about a hour later) I noticed a sneaker lying in the front yard of that house and a suitcase on the porch.

I couldn't get home fast enough to tell my mom the drama I had witnessed! Wow! I lot has been happening around here.

I will probably never know the details of the fight I witnessed and it will forever make me wonder. I just hope and pray that it wasn't as serious as my creative mind might think it was.

Dramatic occurrence #3- OK. Just when I don't think I can take any more thrills, it happens. I was out on another walk the next day and I noticed a man selling kool-aid. Yes, a GROWN MAN. I thought it was odd. Kinda sketch. The closer I got, I noticed this man looked familiar. Very familiar.

Then it hit me.

This was no ordinary man.

This was CHARLIE SHEEN. And he was not selling kool-aid, but TIGER BLOOD!

OK. Just kidding. :)

But with the way this weekend was going, it's possible!

Side note: If you are the praying type, please say a prayer for the screaming woman in "dramatic occurrence #2". Sounded to me like she may need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment