Sunday, May 22, 2011

Letter of Request (By: Jessica)



Dear Dad-

Hi!

How are things? I hope you are good.

Listen....I have a favor that I need your help with. A very special person came to heaven yesterday and I was wondering if you could look over him for me? His name is Austin and he is 19 years old. His life was cut short by a stupid motorcycle accident. I've always hated those things.......

Anyway- he was my absolute, most favorite student ever and my heart is breaking. I loved this kid, Dad. He was one-of-a-kind.

I'm sure you will recognize him right away by his boots I'm sure he is wearing, some type of baseball cap, and cute-as-a-button smile. He also has the best, most charming, southern accent ever!

Do you know who I'm talking about? Have you seen him?

I first met Austin when he was in my 7th grade creative writing class. He HATED writing! The first year I moved to SC he was in my class.....and he helped me adjust to "southern life" more than he will ever know. I looked forward to seeing him everyday.

I watched him grow up and make his way through HS. I helped him write essays for all his English classes and prayed to God that he would pass! Bless his heart!

I watched him transform from a chubby, awkward 7th grader who was obsessed with John Deere to a tall, handsome, mature HS senior ready to graduate and thankful he made it all the way through!

The memories I have of Austin do nothing but bring a smile to my face, and now, a tears to my eyes.

I'm worried about him, Dad. He's just a kid. I'm sure Heaven is a safe place, but I'm sure he is scared and alone.

Can you please look around for him, if you haven't already met him? Please? Keep an eye on him and show him the ropes. Tell him that your my Dad and that you know me. Maybe that will cheer him up. Tell him that I miss him and that I hate what happened to him. Tell him that I will never forget him and that me meant the world to me. And that I was proud of him and still am.

Just take care of him, please. Introduce yourself and smile at him. Maybe put your arm around him.

I'm going to go see him mama today.....I'll tell her that I asked you to watch over her son. Thanks, Dad. I knew you would help me out!

I love you and miss you every second of every day. Talk later!

Love, Your Bump-o

P.S. Tell Austin to visit every now and then....just no haunting!! (same goes for you! *wink wink*)






No comments:

Post a Comment