Sunday, May 8, 2011

T'was the Night Before the Yard Sale.... (By: Jess)

"Twas the night before the yard sale and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. My dollar bills were waiting, my quarters had been saved up, hoping that this yard sale would bring me lots of luck!"

Wasn't that cute?!?!

Anyway- I love a good yard sale! Do you?

Yard sale-ing is something my friend, Jennifer, and I LOVE to do! Once we find out when a good community yard sale is taking place, we both mark our calendars and count down the days! So maybe we are huge losers, cheap losers, but at least we are having a blast AND saving money!!

My house is filled with great yard sale finds! One of my favorite things to look for at yard sales are picture frames. I love to look for unique frames and mix and match them all up on a table or shelf or mantle! The last sale we went to I found (2) frames and now Lil Leo's face is in both of the,! Also, now that Leo has graced my life with his presence, I now enjoy looking for baby/kid stuff! Leo is thrilled to now have a set of swim trunks with a matching sun hat for the beach! Jennifer found THE BEST find of them all the other day...... a kids book about the art of "passing gas"!! I wish I had seen it first!!! Just recently I found a GREAT mini, hand-held vacuum for $1.00! (that's not a type-o) This find will be perfect for my carpeted stairs, car, window treatments, and couch! YES! Toby will LOVE using this! Lol!

Coming up on a good yard fills me with excitement comparable to that of Christmas morning! When I am approaching a good yard sale, my mind starts racing about what kinds of treasures I will run across....just like when I see all the wrapped presents under the tree and I wonder what's inside! Oh the anticipation!

When I tell my husband that I'm getting ready to go to a yard sale, I always ask him to get me a big wad of $1 bills.......to which he rolls his eyes and says, "oh Lord!". I then proceed to tell him that he doesn't know how lucky he is that I choose to shop at yard sales. If he would rather me head down Haywood Rd, I can.......

We've got another biggie coming up Memorial Day weekend and I can hardly wait! Who knows what I will find.......will it be something I've always wanted? A special gift for someone? Another picture frame? Something that I didn't realize I needed until I saw it? A piece of trash that has hidden potential? A new toy for Leo? The possibilities are endless!! I think this time, we will leave at sun-up.......

No comments:

Post a Comment