Monday, March 26, 2012

Sugar and Spice (By: Jess)

A little girl.
A daughter.
Pink.
Ohmygoodness. What have I gotten myself into!
I. Can't. Believe. It.
I don't think I deserve this. I really don't. Words cannot express how thrilled I am to have a baby girl on the way.

As soon as I married Toby, and heard stories of the "Rolfes curse", I thought my chances of ever having a daughter were slim to none. And I was OK with that. I was prepared to be a mom to all boys and finally accepted the idea that I would HAVE to learn the rules to all the different sports. I would be a soccer mom and love it.

But, on March 26, 2012, when I heard the words, "That's a little girl!", my world changed.

Here are the initial thoughts that raced through my mind at that moment. Every one of these thoughts went through my mind ALL AT ONCE, within the few 1st seconds of hearing "it's a girl!". I was exhausted by the time I left to Doctor's office.

1. This lady is so mean. She is getting my hopes up, only to destroy them as soon as she sees a tiny pee pee on that baby. Just give it time......
2. Ohmygoodness. It really is a girl. Really. Seriously. It's a girl.
3. I FINALLY have a daughter.
4. Her name will be Cece.
5. Leo is gonna have a baby sister.
6. Great Grandma Rolfes is gonna freak out!
7. We are gonna go sooooo broke.
8. I can't wait to order the Lizzie Bedding for her!
9. Ohmygoodness, it's a girl!
10. When can I go to Kohls and buy something pink?
11. I can't wait for her Daddy to buy her a pair of diamond earrings.
12. There is so many expectations for little girls....I hope I can live up to them!
13. What if it's really not a girl...... I will cry.
14. I can't wait to enroll her in ballet.
15. I totally don't deserve this. She is totally a dream come true.
16. Leo is gonna love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment