Monday, June 11, 2012

Baby Must-Haves ....... at least for us! (By: Jessica)

Here are a list of items that I don't think Toby, Leo, or I would have survived without the first several months of Leo's life.

These things worked for US...... I promise you they don't work for everyone. To each his own. But, just wanted to share anyway!

 Granimals brand clothing. I get at Wal-Mart. Fit great, cute, and wash up wonderful! Oh...and cheap!
 Aden and Anis swaddle blankets. Leo NEVER let's these outta his sight! The are light weight, big, and wash up nice! We Heart them!

 Receiving blankets. Can never have enough!
 Baby swing. Kept Leo asleep for hours!
Vibrating seat. This is a great entertaining tool and always helped settle Leo's tummy sometimes. Also, it is great to set on the floor in front of the shower if you need to freshen up!
\

Video Baby monitor. If you have a nervous daddy on your hands..... like I did/do.... this is a very comforting devise. (especially if you have a 2 level home)

    
Kneeling pad. Great for giving baths and letting baby play as long as they want!
   



                                                              Hooded towels! Love em'!

Bottle drying rack. I have a love/hate relationship with this. It is so helpful and useful, but an eyesore on our counter. Owell.... that sacrifices I make for my babies! lol!
Dr. Brown's Bottles. Everyone has their own special brand of bottles they like. We like these. They are the only ones we have ever used. They do a great job of preventing gas. Leo did great on them and I hope Cece does the same!
Velcro swaddle blankets. Leo lived in these the first couple months. They are easy to put on and keep baby snug as a bug! He slept at night in them and napped in them!
Glider. A must-have for us! Leo loves to rock and I was positive to get a comfortable one! We have spend many hours in this baby!
Sound/Sleep machine. Leo doesn't like it too quite when he is sleeping. Plus, it helps to drown out excess noise so we don't have to be silent while he is sleeping! He loves the ocean the best, but rain is a good one too! We take it everywhere!
                                            Zip-up sleepers. Just easier! Wal-Mart has great ones!
Safety Q-tips. I hate dirty ears, so I'm obsessed with Leo having clean ears. These make me feel more comfortable, knowing that I cannot go too deep in his little ears! Also good for the nervous daddy!
Baby carrier. Very useful when you need your hands!! Kinda took it's toll on my back, but no pain, no gain!



Crib/sleep positioner. This helped Leo feel more secure. He seemed to like it. So, we liked it.

 
 

A must-have for EVERYONE! I don't care who you are! Every wife and baby needs a good daddy! Leo and I would have never been able to survive day 1 without this item! I'm totally not gettin rid of this thing! I'm pretty sure it will come in handy for the next 18 years!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment