Friday, June 8, 2012

Homecoming. (By: Jess)

A glimpse of our new home. The place that will be our "forever home". The place Leo and Cece will grow up. The moments and memories that are in store for this house excite me beyond belief. I had every intention of doing "before and after" shots of the house, but...well.... that didn't happen. So, here are a few of the "after" picts that have been demanded by some. Hope you enjoy! I have to admit that I am pretty proud of the little touches I have put on our home that help make it ours!
                                                              Family picts collage
                                                                         Mantle
                                                                      I love "R"'s!!
                   My favorite spot! My cross wall! Crosses found at Hobby Lobby. (one was a gift)
                     Entrance hallway. Rugs found at kohls, lights at Lowe's, and my picture wall!!
                                LOVE these lights! I had my eye on them at Lowes for months!!!
                                                                         Little touch!
 I have always wanted to do a picture wall like this! I'm so proud of it!  Thanks to my sister and mom for helping me get everything straight! I still need to add 2 more 8x10's on the right side, then it will be complete!! Most frames were found at yard sales, some were found at thrift stores, a few were bought at Hobby Lobby and a couple were bought at Wal-Mart.
 The golf rood bookshelves. Passed down from my mom. Golf shadow box on left was bought at a yard sale and golf ball holder on right was made by my Grandpa Tony for Toby. Golfer statue on top of bookshelf was my Dad's.
 My Dad's desk and chair. Lamp found at Wal-Mart and table that printer is sitting on was found at a yard sale.
                                               Golf Room. Still need to put up curtains.
                                                                Some more "R"'s
                                               Wall hanging that we received as a wedding gift.
                                                                Leo's big boy room!
                                         My rocking horse my Dad bought me when I was little.

 Leo's shelves of trinkets. "Good Night Leo" book, "Leo the Lightening Bug" book, golfer bear from friend, Ryan, OSU football, tractors from Grandma and Grandpa, wooden memory block from friend, Kelly, and crosses that were received as gifts from baptism.
 Family picture wall of all Leo's favorite people! Aunt Jills, Uncle Casey, Grandpa, Grandma, and Nonnie.
                                                            Guess whose  room this is?
                          Hand-painted canvases that my sister and I made to match Cece's bedding.
                                 Wooden butterflies found at thrift store that my sister and I painted.
                   Wooden letters found at Hobby Lobby and flower candle holders found at thrift store.
 My old rocking chair, my old baby blanket, my old baby doll (on right), and my Grandma's Raggedy Ann doll.
 Leo's small collect of Raggedy Andy dolls...... top one found at an antique store and bottom one found at thrift store.
                                   Kids Mickey Bathroom..... walls will eventually be painted red.
                                                                   Mickey bathroom.
More of the picture wall.

 Living room. (still need to hang curtains)
 Living room
 Gertie's step stool
 living room
 Can't wait to fill up my wine rack and have a glass or two of Cab!
 Hanging spoon and fork found at thrift store! (Thanks to my sis!)
 Leo's fish bowl..... his name is "fishy"
 Some pineapple touches for my pineapple kitchen (pineapple box found at consignment store)
 green dish found at thrift store


 another pineapple touch!
 most important area of my kitchen!
 another pineapple touch! (thrift store find thanks to Jill!)
 hand towel from Wal-Mart
 picture that hangs about Leo's highchair!
 plate found at thrift store and candle stick holders found at a yard sale
 Can't wait to hang this on my front porch! (found at a consignment store)
 little touches above cabinets
 Pintrest project made my my sister!
 kitchen table (candle holder found at a yard sale)
 purple laundry room with my favorite rug!!
 key holder next to garage door
 above kitchen sink
 Front porch
 garden flag (found at dollar store)
pineapple touch!

*Areas not photographed- Master Bedroom, Master Bathroom, bonus room and bonus bathroom, back patio and yard**


It's still a work in progress and I'm sure over the years a few more touches will be added here and there!! For now..... Home Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment