Sunday, June 10, 2012

How Ya Feelin'? PART 6 (By: Jess)


 

The question I get asked everyday is, "How are you feeling"? So, I decided to do occasional updates on that exact topic.



I am currently 32  weeks along. (8 months)
Size of Baby
A jicama (whatever the heck that is!)
Gender?
Pretty in Pink!  
Name?
Ceceilia Grace Rolfes.  "Cece" for short.
Movement
She is still a little shy and doesn't like to put on a show..... she moves around the most when all is quite and I'm relaxing on the couch.
Sleep Report
 Ugh! Sometimes I dread going to bed! My nose is always stuffy at night, so I have to fall asleep with my mouth open, I can never get comfortable, and I sweat like crazy! Add in some crazy a$$ dreams and you have the prefect recipe for a terrible night's sleep. Nighty Night!
What I miss
Alcohol (yep, it's still #1 on the list), energy drinks, exercise, peaceful sleep, normal eating habits, and cute clothes.
Cravings
 Ice Cream, ice water, anything that's considered junk food.
Weird Happenings
nothing really...... everything has been pretty normal around here lately. Maybe that's considered "weird"?
Advise and/or comments
Good- I told someone the other day that I was 8 months pregnant and their response was "omg... you don't look big enough to be that far along!" Now..... her and I both know that I totally DO look that big, but I really, really, really appreciate her sweet comment and it totally made me day! 
 Bad-  I got a pedi a few weeks ago. The lady doing my nails asked me if I had any children. I said, "Yes , I have a son and a daughter on the way." She said, "Oh....  you are pregnant? How far along are you?" and I told her "7 months" and she said "Oh, you don't even look pregnant!". She obviously just thought that I was fat. Cause at 7 months (almost 8) EVERYONE looks pregnant!
 Best Moment(s)
Putting the finishing touches on Cece's bedroom!
My father-in-law painted it pink!
My sister and I painted the letters of her name red and hung them above her crib. We also hung up some cute flower candle holders, made homemade canvas's for above the changing table, and painted wooden butterflies and hung them on the wall!
I also washed up all her clothes and blankets and my friends from work had an adorable and fun shower for me!
We are SOOOO ready for her to join the family!
Meltdowns
Been doin pretty good here..... let's keep it that way!
What I am looking forward to
2 Dr.'s appointments next week
My friend Becca coming to visit and throwing a jewelry party
Taking Leo to the pool
Father's Day
How many weeks left
8 weeks (single digits!!)
Getting Prepared
I still need to get a bouncy seat and shopping cart cover.....but other than that WE. ARE. READY. (physically. Not so sure about mentally! lol!)
Current Mental Status
Hangin in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment